:: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan Meetup in Colorado Springs or Denver? (was "GNUPGP Web of trust")

>I'm guessing we devuaners are spread far and wide... but I'm in
>Colorado. I'd be interested in setting up or joining a general meetup
>in Colorado Springs or Denver if there was any interest, even one
>person.

Hi Gabe,

Could you please be explicit about what you mean by "meetup"? If you
mean something organized by meetup.com, then you're talking about
something where you have to sign an indemnification agreement, and at
least to some extent use meetup.com's communication facilities, and get
a lot of looky-lous.

If you mean meetings without use of meetup.com, it would probably be
more explicit to call it a "meeting".

From my point of view, meetup.com has inserted itself into LUG
operations as an unneeded middle man for LUGs without an effective
publicity officer.

Anyway, I'm 1500 miles away from Denver, but if it's a meeting and not
a "meetup", I'd like to attend via Jitsi.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Spring 2020 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive