:: Re: [DNG] My Qemu LAN-peer document…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: tito
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] My Qemu LAN-peer documentation is now in its first draft
On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 15:07:14 +0100
John Hughes <john.hughes@???> wrote:

> On 03/03/2021 14:01, tito wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:16:13 +0100
> > John Hughes <john.hughes@???> wrote:

> >> Just avoid the "ethX" names (because of race conditions and because
> >> they're stupid).  Use something descriptive.
> > Hi,
> > they are less stupid than enp0s0p1 or the like and mnemonically
> > easier.
>
> lan
>
> wan-isp (e.g. one of my machines has wan-cogent, wan-orange...)
>
> Nothing mnemonic about "eth0".

Hi,

if you number your plenty ports from left to right then you know that
eth0 is the first port on the left and usually position is linked
with function so it is double mnemonic. In your example providers
can change with time and so the interfaces' names in my view
whoever the provider is it will be port eth0 and eth1 and there will
be no need to change configuration files by hand.

Ciao,
Tito