著者: Antony Stone
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] My Qemu LAN-peer documentation is now in its first draft
On Wednesday 03 March 2021 at 10:40:20, Florian Zieboll via Dng wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 08:04:19 +0100
>
> tito via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
> > you can set the device names by MAC addresses at boot
> > and in the past it worked as udev/eudev net-persisent-name.rules
> > (but seems to be broken, optimized out nowadays).
>
> Thanks, Tito, for the clue! I am using udev (resp. eudev) rules to
> define the NIC names by MAC addresses and had not been aware of the
> upcoming change (with buster / beowulf it is still working).
>
> For the sake of completeness and y'all's convenience, here a link to the
> related info in the Debianwiki:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkInterfaceNames

That was where I started 2½ months ago and found that things were certainly
more complicated than they used to be under previous versions of De{bi,vu}an
(but I did end up with a working solution).

https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20201212.131553.0a6af87d.en.html

Antony.

--
There are two possible outcomes:

If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.
If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.

- Enrico Fermi

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.