:: Re: [DNG] Touchpad on Thinkpad T580…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Touchpad on Thinkpad T580 stops working sometimes

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:25:33 +0400
Dimitri Minaev via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I run Chimaera Devuan on Thinkpad T580. Periodically, about once a
> day, the touchpad stops responding to all actions. It doesn't scroll
> or move the pointer. During these blackouts dmesg doesn't display any
> messages and I still can use the trackpoint. After a short period of
> time, around 1 minute, the touchpad becomes active again.
>
> I would be grateful for any ideas that might help solve the issue.

Here's a workaround until you find the solution:

Once or twice in the past month I've posted a shellscript to toggle the
synaptics touchpad on and off. Connect that to a convenient hotkey via
your window manager, and every time it turns itself off, toggle it back
on.

This lets you continue working while you seek out the root cause.

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive