:: Re: [devuan-dev] Metrics for mirror…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Bernard Rosset
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Metrics for mirroring?
> 2. Do we know what a mirror might expect for bandwidth usage? I expect this
> wouldn't be huge for us, since we redirect to Debian for many packages.

Current could autnomously be derived from Devuan's host(s) participating
in deb.devuan.org, either:
- Using a specific (virtual) network interface and monitoring ingress
traffic
- Monitoring at Web server's level with the help of, say,
$bytes_received, through some metrics collection system. For instance,
Prometheus, with the help of
https://github.com/knyar/nginx-lua-prometheus for nginx?
I remember having demonstrated Prometheus to rrq mid-2020

Of course, the limit of this experiment is to suppose deb.devuan.org is
evenly distributed, which is a pretty wild assumption using a cheap DNS
round-robin system, especially since hosts usually kinda "stick" to a
chosen IP address, even if it ends up non-functional.

Bernard (Beer) Rosset
https://rosset.net/