:: Re: [DNG] Why libsystemd0 exist aga…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: aitor
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Why libsystemd0 exist again in Beowulf?
Hi Anthony,

On 7/12/20 16:49, Antony Stone wrote:
> As far as I understand it, libsystemd0 is a stub library, providing function
> *names* required by various other libraries which are expecting to see
> systemd-like things available, but its primary purpose is to say "this
> function is not available", so everything is "happy", despite there being no
> systemd code at all in the machine

One of the missing features i've noticed removing libsystemd0 from
gnuinos has been the
support for the high level C binding for ZeroMQ (CZMQ) in rsyslog:

http://czmq.zeromq.org/ <http://czmq.zeromq.org/>

Failed attemps in the testbench of rsyslog:

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/tree/master/tests
<https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/tree/master/tests>

seem to be corner cases, and probably they may or may not have something
to do with a random behaviour.
To what extent this lack affects to the testbench is a long term job
and, in the meantime, i've disabled the
*override_dh_auto_test* rule when packaging rsyslog. C'est la vie!

Another relevant issue i've had is related to the installation of
openssh-server due to a missing folder /tmp/user/0
(required by mktemp) ending up at a failed installation of other
packages like, for example, ca-certificates.
I solved this with a dirty workaround:

mkdir -p /tmp/user/0

The good thing is thatthis only happened within a chroot jail so far.

An iso image for testing purposes is available at:

https://www.gnuinos.org/Beowulf/nodbus/
<https://www.gnuinos.org/Beowulf/nodbus/>

No libsystemd0, no elogind, no consolekit, no polkit and no dbus.

libsystemd0 and libelogind0 have been removed from packages.gnuinos.org.

The rest is present, but the image above has pinning of apt in dbus.

Cheers,

Aitor.