:: [devuan-dev] Overriding Debian conf…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mark Hindley
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: [devuan-dev] Overriding Debian configuration without forking packages
Hi all,

Following on from the meet on Thursday, I have been looking at ways of
overriding Debian configuration without having to fork complete packages.

Although devuan-sanity is packaged in experimental, there is no source in gitea,
so I have started a new POC package.

It turns out that there is already a debhelper module to deal with this and the
associated dpkg-diverts[1]. My initial impression is that the interface is clean
and easy to use.

debian-config-override 0.1 just contains the fix for pulseaudio autospawn in
#276 and friends[2]. Incidentally, this appears fixed in Debian bullseye[3], so
we don't have to worry about it beyond Beowulf.

I would appreciate review, testing and comments. The source is my personal space
on Gitea[4]. There is also a built package available on my webserver[5].

Thanks

Mark
--

[1] https://debathena.mit.edu/config-package-dev/