:: Re: [DNG] Ethernet names revisited
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: terryc
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Ethernet names revisited
On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 10:45:56 +0100
Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> On Sunday 13 December 2020 at 09:25:24, terryc wrote:
>

> > Just add the line
> >     hwaddress mac:add:dress:in:usual:format

> > to match eth2 & eth3 to the desired card.
>
> I think that's entirely the wrong way round.
>
> Setting hwaddress in /etc/network/interfaces changes the MAC address
> of the interface according to its name (eth0, eth1, etc).

Woops, my apologies. I'd completely forgotten about that feature.

Personally,I have a strong bias against using the udev stuff as mostly
it just kills my network when the OS HDDs were migrated to a new
motherboard(usually after a mobo died) and less commonly NICs die, get
upgraded or standardised. (66% of our systems are headless).