:: Re: [DNG] Ethernet names revisited …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Florian Zieboll
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Ethernet names revisited - a workaround (but the basic question still remains)
On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 23:11:52 +0100
Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> I would still *really like* to know:
>
> 1. how can I get 70-persistent-net.rules to carry on working as it
> used to, under Beowulf? (I never had to do this sort of workaround
> in Jessie or before.)

Hallo Antony,

do I understand correctly, that your issue is the order of the NICs
(not eth0 assigned to the onboard card, but eth1 or eth2) and not the
naming scheme (ethN vs. predictable) itself? If so, have you double
checked, that 'net.ifnames=0' is really not set / did you remember to
'update-grub' after changing it?

Did you check /lib/udev/rules.d/ for conflicting rules?

libre Grüße,
Florian