:: Re: [DNG] What I learned at Distrow…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Mason Loring Bliss
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Adrian Zaugg
Υ/ο: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] What I learned at Distrowatch
On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 01:40:39AM +0100, Adrian Zaugg wrote:

> What shows
>
>     apt remove --dry-run elogind

I'll try to get a chance to do a new install, as I should figure out just
what's pulling in what. I'll post this as soon as I've got it. I'm not sure
what's pulling it in during debootstrap, but I can typically remove it.

One thing I run now that wants either elogind or consolekit is
libvirt-daemon-system on my hypervisors. I haven't yet taken the time to
figure out why that's required. Someday, and/or I should look at
alternatives.

> Without GUI elogind can be removed easly with apt remove --purge elogind

FWIW, you can also say (less typing) 'apt purge elogind'. I've got a
recollection of purging elogind and having it insist on installing
consolekit, but then being able to purge consolekit without it demanding
elogind. I should take better notes whenever I encounter this kind of
oddity.

--
Mason Loring Bliss (( If I have not seen as far as others, it is because
mason@??? )) giants were standing on my shoulders. - Hal Abelson