:: Re: [DNG] What I learned at Distrow…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Simon Walter
Aan: Mason Loring Bliss
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] What I learned at Distrowatch
On 12/9/20 7:01 AM, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 09:56:54AM +0900, Simon Walter wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately for those who are scared of source code and perhaps those
>> who are scared in general, it is all too easy to become paranoid. After
>> all, you are at the mercy of those who are not scared. I'd say, pick up
>> programming as a hobby and conquer your fear. Walk with your head high.
>
> Doesn't that embarass you, writing something like that?

Embarrass? Why would it?

>> Then maybe you'll understand what stub means.
>
> I'm curious if you've actually looked at the source code we're talking
> about.
>
> Let's start with how much systemd code we're talking about. Admittedly, I'm
> not cutting out comments or whitespace here, but even so:
>
>      .../elogind-241.4/src$ find . -name '*.c' -exec cat {} \; | wc -l
>      125582

We were talking about libsystemd0 being a stub. It is too easy to assume
you are a troll by the way you edit my email.

If you can't trust the Devuan devs, then maybe you Devuan is not
suitable for your uses. Why don't you find out who the authors of
libsystemd0 are and present your concerns to them?