:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-12-…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: fsmithred
A: devuan-dev
Asunto: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-12-03
# Devuan meet 2020-12-03 @20:30 UTC

Present: Xenguy, mason, adam, golinux, LeePen, Jaromil, danyspin97, fsr,
rrq, Rick Moen.

## Old Business

### mason
- lurc still in progress
- have account on pkgmaster to look at existing layout
- wiki still queued up after lurc

### bgstack15
- unfortunately no progress has been made on making 3.1 isos. To move this
forward, let's have somebody who already knows what they're doing make it
happen.

## Old Actions

## New Business

### mason
- Chromium
  - ...is potentially being dropped from Bullseye.
    - https://bugs.debian.org/976292
  - ...and has a decent number of CVEs open generally:
    - https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/chromium
    - (fsr) Newer versions are here:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=chromium  (version for 18.04
works) Maybe ask for a maintainer to fork it from ubuntu?
    - (LeePen) Vivaldi - Chromium-based - not seeing indication that it's
free software as yet
    - (gl) I think it's the front end that has restrictions.
      - https://vivaldi.com/
      - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivaldi_(web_browser)

### LeePen
- seatd 0.4.0 packages available in experimental.

    It installs and the daemon runs. I think it needs support for libseat1 in
other packages before it will 'do' anything.

  I noticed that wlroots upstream has just gained libseat1 support (not
yet in Debian packages). But that route would imply using sway and wayland.
    - (mason) https://wayland.freedesktop.org/faq.html (I'm personally
uninterested in it, but that's just me.)
    - (mason) If we want to move away: Lumina? Xenocara?

- Updated packages for ceres: util-linux, pdns-recursor, network-manager

### rrq
- new pkginfo ready for "publishing"?
https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.xml
  - (gl) Not quite
    - How about getting rid of the centering which really isn't working:
      https://transfersh.com/16leHN/not-quite.png
    - Let's do this instead:
      https://transfersh.com/FQtOB/possible-solution.png
    - (golinux) I'm mad as a cut snake! <- (really mason's interpretation)
No . . . my eyes are bleeding . . .
    - Looks great now! Thanks Ralph!!
- devuan/installer-iso freshened up to incorporate and overlay several
source points;
  ready for 3.1.rc preparations
- (fsr) I can do similar with live isos to include
beowulf-proposed-updates in the build and keep that out of the final
sources.list.

- (fsr) emdete wants to know if we still want sparc hardware. And the link
to devuan-maintainers readme on this page does not work:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=589
This one:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-maintainers/blob/master/README.md

(LeePen) the link is from before the gitea migration. Can it be edited?
-(fsr) I fixed the link on the forum post.

### plasma41
- Likely won't make it to the meeting. The new job pays really well, but
takes up much of my time. Such is life, I suppose.
- Looking forward to putting a 3.1 RC through its paces.

### golinux
- Is there any way we can we point old gitlab links on the forum to the
new git?
- A user was unable to access the dng subscription page and Oauth didn't
work for him on the forum. He was able to register on git.

## New Actions
- Test 3.1 isos
- beowulf-proposed-updates list:

```
dak@dak:~$ dak ls -s beowulf-proposed-updates -a source -r .

base-files                    | 10.3+devuan3.5            |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
choose-init                   | 0.3                       |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
cryptsetup-modified-functions | 19.09.02+devuan1          |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
dbus                          | 1.12.20-0+deb10u1+devuan1 |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
eudev                         | 3.2.9-8~beowulf1          |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
init-system-helpers           | 1.56+nmu1+devuan3         |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
lightdm                       | 1.26.0-4+devuan1          |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
refractainstaller-base        | 9.5.6                     |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
refractainstaller-gui         | 9.5.6                     |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
tomcat9                       | 9.0.31-1~deb10u2+devuan1  |
beowulf-proposed-updates | source
udev                          | 1:3.2.9+devuan4           |