Til: Dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Oldstable and Archive timing expectations?
On 2020-12-04 14:25, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 12:43:25PM -0600, golinux@??? wrote:
>> > I have a lot of systems running ascii and no plan to upgrade them yet. I
>> > don't want to upgrade when ascii is archived but before. Do you think 6
>> > more months of ascii support a safe bet?
>>
>> You might want to have a look at Debian's release schedule:
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases
>>
>> Stretch will not go to oldstable status until Bullseye is released and
>> there
>> is not even release date set yet for that to happen. Devuan's release
>> of
>> Chimaera will be sometime after Bulleye becomes stable. No way ATM to
>> guesstimate when in 2021 that will happen.
>
> Stretch has been oldstable for 1.5 years already.

Sorry about that. Of course, I meant Buster . . .

It's all becoming a bit of a blur these days . . .

> A guesstimate for Bullseye's release is June, although effect of
> actions to
> shorten freeze time remains to be seen.

And of course, Chimaera will be sometime after that. The more hands on
deck, the sooner that will happen.

But currently, as requested, please do what you can to test the proposed
updates to be included on the Beowulf 3.1 point release.

golinux