:: Re: [DNG] Firefox and its forks are…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: terryc
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Firefox and its forks are losing the power of add-ons.
On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 09:12:07 +0100
Edward Bartolo via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Lately, I am noticing Waterfox has lost the ability to display my
> add-ons, which are AdGuard AdBlocker and NoScript. I had about two
> more in the past, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to have
> any that work. My preferences are an ad-free internet experience, or
> at least, if not entirely ad-free, with intrusive adds blocked, and a
> font rendering with a large than normal font size. The latter, is
> provided by Waterfox itself, but adds are favoured to intrude and
> steal bandwidth and processing power which I do not have much of.
>
> I would like to ask whether a software proxy running on the same
> machine would be able to provide adequate ad filtering.

I thinkthis is an benefit of the package called squid, which has been
in repositries sinve Linux V0.? or similar. It is basically a web cache
oroxy and if I remember it correctly, it would also replace the block of
an add with a 'squid' block. Vague because I haven't used it since our
link was a dial-up lin and we had something doing that at the times.