:: Re: [DNG] Firefox and its forks are…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Dimitris
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Firefox and its forks are losing the power of add-ons.
Hey,

On 12/3/20 10:12 AM, Edward Bartolo via Dng wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Lately, I am noticing Waterfox has lost the ability to display my
>
> If you have other solutions which I did not think of, please suggest
> them. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Waterfox was sold to an advertising company last year..
probably not a good example for firefox forks & adblocking.. :)

don't know about adguard, but ublock origin works fine with :
firefox, firefox-esr, icecat, basilisk, waterfox, seamonkey, torbrowser.
some of those forks use latest versions of ublock origin, others use
legacy versions :
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/blob/master/dist/README.md#firefox-legacy
noscript has a "legacy" version too : https://noscript.net/getit

http/socks proxy, i know squid proxy can be set for adblocking, but
maybe too heavy on resources..

there's the option of adblocking domains in /etc/hosts, or with a local
dns resolver.

2c,
d.