:: Re: [DNG] What I learned at Distrow…
Página Inicial
Autor: Mason Loring Bliss
Para: Antony Stone
CC: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] What I learned at Distrowatch
On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 03:33:41PM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:

> What, specifically, gets installed as part of Devuan which you don't want to
> see there?

As an exercise, try doing a minimal install via debootstrap, which is
arguably the easiest way to tailor an install. I've thus far not managed to
get an install through without elogind creeping in, even if I explicitly
mark it as something to ignore. The Devuan live media I use for installs
runs elogind. It sort of reminds me of the Agent Smith virus speech from
The Matrix.

> libsystemd0 is a stub library which contains none of the objectionable
> code or "features" which people who don't want systemd are trying to keep
> away from.

Unix libraries bundle related functionality together so that you can link
just that which you need. Can you explain how libsystemd0 fits into this
model? I'm unclear on what set of related functions it provides.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             mason@???            Ewige Blumenkraft!
(if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I