:: Re: [DNG] cups in ceres
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Arnt Karlsen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] cups in ceres
On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:39:37 +0000, Le wrote in message
<20201130113937.6da5d2fa@cruncher>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting a circular problem upgrading cups in ceres. I've been
> tackling this for a week or so. I need two root terminals open: one
> to apt-get and the other to top + kill apt-get and dpkg. The sequence
> goes like this:
>
> [xterm1]#apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
> all goes well (apart from the nvidea-persistentd under discussion)
> ... then comes the problem
>
> Setting up printer-driver-cups-pdf (3.0.1-6) ...
> Reloading Common Unix Printing System: cupsd
>     [apt-get freezes]

> [xterm2]# top
>     #kill PID of apt-get
>     #apt-get install -f
> E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock. It is held by process [PID]
> (dpkg)
> N: Be aware that removing the lock file is not a solution and
> may break your system.
> E: Unable to lock the administration directory
> (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
>     # kill PID of dpkg

> [xterm1] # Terminated
>      # empty prompt

> [xterm2} # apt-get install -f
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'
> to correct the problem.
>      #dpkg --configure -a

> ...all goes well until
>
> [xterm2]  #Setting up printer-driver-cups-pdf (3.0.1-6) ...
> Reloading Common Unix Printing System: cupsd.
>     [dpkg freezes]
>     [but a simple Ctrl+C allows it to proceed]
> ^Cdpkg: error processing package printer-driver-cups-pdf
> (--configure): installed printer-driver-cups-pdf package
> post-installation script subprocess was interrupted

> and so on.

..I _have_ gotten away with adding "exit 0" lines in these scripts to
make and/or keep apt and dpkg happy, I'm not saying this didn't cause
problems elsewhere.

..chk the dpkg --force-help options for better ideas.

..some commands in these install script can be made more verbose
adding the occational -v or --verbose whereever you want them.

..also play with nice and cpulimit etc to slow down apt and dpkg etc
enough to stay in control of your machine, so you can see WTF is going
on in there.

> I've tried to apt-get remove --purge printer-driver-cups-pdf but it
> removes it and then freezes immediately after, presumably on the
> post-installation script.
>
> The only way I've been able to get this far (it used to freeze
> at reloading cupsd) was by using the linux-brprinter-installer script
> from brother which crashes through everything with a dpkg -f option.
>
> Any ideas?

..inline.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: