:: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully work…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with Devuan?
On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 05:10:29 -0500, Steve wrote in message
<20201130051029.510f1fb7@???>:

> On Sun, 29 Nov 2020 19:48:34 +0100
> Riccardo Mottola via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Steve Litt wrote:
> > > Has anyone successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with
> > > Devuan? As a bonus, has anyone gotten it to work without
> > > Pulseaudio?

> > did you try nouveau? It is your only long-term hope, the short term
> > being using binary drivers.
>
> Yes. Works fairly well, but intermittently X just terminates.

..doing what, like X freezing and hangs the whole machine?
No response to keyboard input, while the mouse can still move,
but no button click response?
Try a RT kernel, and use it to enforce response deadlines.
I also found these RT kernels helps stop youtube video stuttering.

> Of
> course, this could be a hardware problem, or a problem with who knows
> what, but it's a problem I need to fix before appointing this machine
> my new Daily Driver Desktop (DDD). Also, when I scroll, distortion
> occurs on the screen,

..tearing pictures triangularly across half the screen that you can
"fix" by selecting the area around said picture?

..looks like over-committed texture memory to me, I first saw that
kinda tearing in FlightGear a decade back when messing around to try
hike my framerate.