:: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully work…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Marjorie Roome
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Anybody successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with Devuan?
Hi Steve,

On Sun, 2020-11-29 at 07:26 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone successfully worked with an Nvidia GeForce gt 710 with
> Devuan? As a bonus, has anyone gotten it to work without Pulseaudio?

Yes, I have a NVIDIA GT710B (GK208) and it's working with the Nvidia
driver (418.152.00-1 metapackage) on Beowulf. As I recall it also
worked with the nouveau driver when I initially installed it.

There /is/ an issue with nvidia-persistenced. If you don't want CUDA
then the simplest solution is to remove it. I also have produced a
fixed version of /etc/init/nvidia-persistenced that solves the problem.

I /do/ have pulseaudio installed, and it sees the included HDMI
soundcard, however I've never tried to use it: my monitor doesn't
include sound and I use a USB DAC/Class D Amplifier and loudspeakers.

--
Marjorie