:: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
Pàgina inicial
Autor: golinux
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
On 2020-08-29 18:13, terryc wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 16:35:01 -0500
> golinux@??? wrote:
>

>> PS. There is no critical data on this disk because I always keep
>> multiple backups. But it would be nice to have that drive functioning
>> in some capacity.
>
> The only other suggestion is 'the put it in the freezer trick' which
> may work until it warms up again, if it is an electro-mechanical
> derived fault.

LOL! I've never had occasion to do that but always wanted to try. I'll
wait to see how it works in the dock to eliminate any hardware failure
in the enclosure first though. Will report back in a week or so -
shipping is really slow these days . . .

golinux