:: Re: [DNG] measure memory usage
Pàgina inicial
Autor: g4sra
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] measure memory usage
Your query does not make sense to me.

On 21/08/2020 21:23, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Is there a way for process to ask about its own memory usage?
>
> Something perhaps like the C functions that were available in the dark
> ages on other computer systems that could tell how much memory had
> been allocated but not freed so far? Or some reasonable surrogate?

"dark ages" ?

Do you mean the 'c' functions provided by including <malloc.h> ?
'man mallinfo' for an example doing exactly what you appear to be asking here.

> Yes,I know there are administrative tools that let me survail all the
> processes in the system. But isn't there something the program can do
> for itself without that level of agony?
>
> -- hendrik

what 'level of agony' are you referring to ?

One person may find a 'thing' difficult whilst another person
with a different skillset may find the same 'thing' trivially easy.