:: Re: [DNG] How to mount NTFS
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Haines Brown
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] How to mount NTFS
On Fri, Aug 07, 2020 at 03:58:40PM +0100, Rowland penny via Dng wrote:

> Do you use the USB drive on Windows, if not, just reformat it to ext4,
> ntfs-3g is a FUSE system, it isn't a fast as you would like.

Thanks Roland. I left the drive NTFS because I wanted easy access
to the drive for folks (granschildren) who do not run Linux.

Othersie I prefer ext4. When you say NTFS is slower, to you mean three
times slower (which I am experiencing) or a bit slower?

When my mount command in script encounters an already mounted device
formatted ext4 it complains but also proceeds. If the defive is
formattted NTFS it complains but also and hangs. That is another
reason to prefer ext4, but I wonder if the # mount -F would avoid the
NTFS hang. That is, does NTFS mount exclusively by deault, while ext4
does not?

--
Haines Brown