:: Re: [DNG] Zoom? Rather not...
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: ael
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Zoom? Rather not...
On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 06:52:06AM -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> For me security refers primarily to file access. This takes me back to
> my question. If I craete a new user, named zoom for example, and have
> it run zoom, won't that limit access files on my HD?

One hopes so. But I had to install the zoom deb package via root.
Since it is closed source, who knows what the package might do?

It is probably safe since zoom would have a lot to lose if there was
anything dubious in there, and many experts had tried to check.

Maybe running zoom on a live image would be safer, but even there
root has access to permanent storage.

ael