:: Re: [DNG] Zoom?
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Zoom?
Ozi Traveller via Dng - 04.08.20, 06:00:43 CEST:
> Yes use the debian deb I have it running on devuan.
>
> or
>
> try the web client
>
> https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/214629443-Zoom-web-client

I'd avoid using the web client.

At least with a browser that is not specifically set up to avoid privacy
leaks.

I am not sure about the web client specifically, however the main webpage
from Zoom at least uses Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics. Both
blocked on my web browser.

Of course as a user of Googlemail your mileage may vary.

With my browser setup I cannot even set it up easily in order to fully
display the page as it seems to pull resources from not so obvious or
easy to guess sources.

I'd be vary of the web client.

On the other hand, if you use a secured browser and manage to make the
web client work with it, this *may* give you a better isolation than
using a Flatpak.

If you install Zoom inside a VM just for that purpose or use a different
user, you may get the best protection though.

I currently rely on the sandboxing in Flatpak, unless I learn that it
does not work.

I also installed Rocket.Chat through Flatpak and there I was able that I
am not able to track files into the chat client from directories that are
*not* allowed for the app. Its error message was less than helpful, but
the app apparently was not able to open the file. So I found the
permission system basically appears to work.

Best,
--
Martin