:: Re: [DNG] Configuration of boot dri…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Configuration of boot drives
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 05:49:29PM +0200, Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba wrote:
> Hi, Hendrik.
>
> El Sun, 28 Jun 2020 18:37:45 -0400
> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> escribió:
>
> > Where is it configured which drives get updated when I update the kernel,
> > as part of a regular upgrade using aptitude.
>
> debconf has a configuration option for that.
>
> try: dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc

That was what I was looking for. It's what I remember seeing long long
ago during installation or major upgrade.

So I told it not to use /dev/sdb's boot record.

And it decided to try to write to sector 51 on /dev/sdb anyway,
Is it maybe trying to remove the boot stuff on that drive?

I think there's no help for it but to find my screwdriver and physically
remove the disk.

That will take a while.

-- hendrik