:: [DNG] Touchpad issues
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: RIccardo Mottola
À: dng
Sujet: [DNG] Touchpad issues
Hi All!

I just devuanized "with success" another Toshiba Satellite.

Although much newer and faster than the older one I had running Debian
first, this one would still fall in the "Vintage" category. Same
installation layout... it is quite nice to use!

The laptop is very nice to use, things had quality... and thanks to the
Intel video card this works much better.

I noticed one very strange thing: the touchpad is acting absolute, like
it was a touch screen. If I move the pointer it moves fine, but I need
to make one movement, one strike. If I touch it again, it put the cursor
in exact that position again. So Essentially, I have a hard time
reaching the corners of the screen.

I did not set anything and do not have a specific Xorg.conf.

I don't even know if this touchpad is a synaptics or not, I did not
install the synaptics driver, only the standard evdev. How can I find
out I found nothing in the dmesg, lsusb, lspci....

Thank you, Riccardo

PS: I have compiled and soon will try to share, the current development
version of ArcticFox on this machine and this celeron is essentially a
cache-robbed Pentium-4 (M?)... I can watch you tubevideos full screen...
wonderful