:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf, and Apparmor's e…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jim Jackson
Aan: Dng
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: [DNG] panels (was Beowulf, and Apparmor's effect on bind9)
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Beowulf, and Apparmor's effect on bind9

Generally, why does apparmor get installed on a dist-upgrade, when it
wasn't there initially? It isn't as if it's a new "thing". I got it
on my ascii -> beowulf upgrade, and removed it.

My desktop was LXQt and the upgrade ignored some customisations. Among
other minor iritants the LXQt-panel designers decided to change the clock
widget and gave it a new name, FFS, and so the old "clock" disappeared but
it's replacement was missing from the config. Nothing to indicate that it
is now "worldclock", until one googled and hand edited the panel config! If
Linus was as cavalier in his developemnt approach Linux would never have
been taken up as it has. Why is it the shiny-blingy stuff is so crap?

Any recommendations for a better panel?

Jim