:: [devuan-dev] bug#435: [vlc] Unable …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Mark Hindley
A: 435, Andrey ``Bass'' Shcheglov
Assumpte: [devuan-dev] bug#435: [vlc] Unable to build the vlc package as it requires libsystemd-dev
On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 00:19:11 +0300 Andrey ``Bass'' Shcheglov
<andrewbass@???> wrote:
> Package: vlc
> Version: 3.0.8-0+deb10u1
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> I'm trying to build the vlc package from source, and can't do so
> because it lists libsystemd-dev as a build dependency, and I have
> libelogind-dev installed instead:

Andrey,

Thanks.

As you have discovered, building directly on the host system does not
work if the system uses elogind and the package has a build dependency
on libsystemd-dev. However, it will work fine in a build chroot. Try
using pbuilder and the pbdebuild command and/or cowbuilder.
There are also other options that should work, but I have not used
myself, like qemu-builder and sbuild.

Changing all the libsystemd-dev dependencies present in Debian would
require forking about 200 additional packages and is not feasible at the
moment.

However, we ought to add this build technique to the release notes so
that users know that plain debuild will not work on an elogind system if
the package has libsystemd-dev build dependency.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Mark