:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Ap…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Plasma
A: devuan-dev
Assumpte: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Apr. 16, 2020
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Thursday, April 16th, 2020.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Apr. 16, 2020 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/8qQwlDvbU6JhvRjuLLcYKItF/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: beer, golinux, plasma41, leepen, mason, fsr, RickMoen,
         Centurion Dan

## Old Business
- Still no fix for the javascript sticky bar?
  - (Beer) I tried... Forked the project, sank some time trying
    to figure out something. HTML & CSS I can manage; this compiled
    language I am giving up on

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen
- I think packages.d.o amprolla is stuck. Current processes
are from 5 April. Evilham isn't on IRC at the moment.
- Fixed #422 with rrq and fsmithred. New live isos?
- fsmithred: is your live iso build system in git.d.o somewhere?
- (fsr) yes: https://git.devuan.org/sdk/live-sdk
- Alpha version of unified Jenkins build pipeline ready for testing:
https://jenkins.devuan.dev/job/devuan-package-builder/. Any comments?
- ltsp for ceres/chimaera: latest upstream version depends on systemd.
I propose to fork and see if it is salvagable. If not reinstate
version 5 from beowulf.

### rrq
- (fsr) choose-mirror does not let you enter custom

### golinux
- With fsr updated the derivatives list on d1g and d.o
- Added Virage and GobMis to the derivatives list.
- Discuss stanz' email about adding derivative docs. He put his here but
  probably better in a section of a wiki?
  https://git.devuan.org/stanz/mini-mimo/wikis/home
- New git registrant Lucas Ramage left this issue note.
  https://git.devuan.org/devuan-doc/documentation/issues/51
  Seems an odd first contact.
- Request for blu-ray iso legit?
  - (plasma) I'm not opposed to the idea, but I'm not going to make it.
    Contributions are welcome.

### mason
- TWiki pros:
  - File-based, so easily integrated into version control, but also
    offering online editing for those who want it. (Not everyone needs
    git access.)
  - No PHP!
  - ACLs and fine-grained access control
- TWiki Goals:
  - Potential base for Devuan web site.
    - Should be able to include current styling largely unmodified.
      - (gl) But needs a complete rewrite of the css to jettison
        the cruft.
    - Should ease the burden of maintenance.
    - Should contribute to task-sharing by making documenting processes
      iterative and easy to flesh out over multiple passes. (Those who
      can do a thing do it, document it, and then other folks can
      approach and improve the docs, filling in things only a newcomer
      can see, ad infinitum.)
  - User pages, both for their own sake and as a staging ground for
    formal docs.
  - Derivative distribution pages
    - (gl) That was my thinking also.
  - Timestamps for freshness and potential automation for flagging pages
    that should be vetted for bitrot.

### plasma41
- Editing fsr's latest additions to the release notes.

## New Actions