:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Ap…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Plasma
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Apr. 02, 2020
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Thursday, April 2nd, 2020.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Apr 2, 2020 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/Tg-SwYsaPr8B7RKjDkjTq7NF/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: mason, golinux, LeePen, fsr, rrq, plasma41, Tenkawa

## Old Business
- javascript stickybar fix in limbo.

### rrq
- beta2 about to be trialled; bpmedley is preparing them and is setting
up the trial download spot. This includes "at least min-base" pools +
jfsutils + beowulf-security packages. Improved i18n to come.

## Old Actions

### fsmithred
- I have more copy for release notes. Needs polish.

## New Business
- Thankfully, a quiet April 1. (LeePen) I second that!
- We just passed one million 1,002,159
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
- Understanding exponential growth: https://youtu.be/54XLXg4fYsc
- Trends as a follow-up: https://aatishb.com/covidtrends

### LeePen

#### ceres/chimaera
- /etc/os-release now has ID=Devuan in base-files 11+devuan2.
- Working through packaging updates: packagekit, procps, util-linux,
udisks2, popularity-contest and rsyslog done; amesser is working
on apt.
- britney controlled ceres->chimaera migrations working. I am running
the script manually at the moment just to check what it is doing.
https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/britney
- Working on adding automatic bug closing to dak add_pkg script.
Requires outgoing SMTP. Evilham has proposed an OpenLDAP/SMTP/IMAP
installation to replace dyne. Or we can expand the existing postfix
on backup which is only serving localhost at the moment.

### plasma41
- The current versions of `init` and `init-system-helpers` in beowulf
are `1.56+devuan1`. There are newer versions, `1.56+nmu1+devuan2`,
in beowulf-proposed-updates. This is the same version as in chimaera
and ceres. Should this version be migrating into beowulf or should
beowulf-proposed-updates be cleared out and just wait for chimaera?
- (LeePen, paraphrased) Leave as is. Maybe for a point release.

## New Actions
- Final revision of Release Notes
- Fix locales and glyphs in installer
- Wording for mini.iso <arch>