:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
Góra strony
Autor: Antony Stone
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
On Saturday 18 April 2020 at 13:47:25, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Antony Stone writes:
> >
> > It's definitely not Devuan-specific; I don't know whether it is
> > Debian-specific, or generic to any distro which includes brltty. I've
> > only ever used it on Debian.
> >
> > If you consider it a bug, it needs to be reported upstream; I'm just not
> > sure how far up.
>
> If the OP has task-console-productivity installed it might be a Devuan
> specific issue. The brltty package is recommended there and there is no
> such task in Debian AFAIK.

Aha - I wasn't aware of *that* Devuan-specific possibility, however I was
basically confirming that the logfile entries which the OP was unhappy about
occur on Debian too (provided someone or something installed brltty).

I'm not quite sure why brltty should be a recommendation for "console
productivity", but the underlying problem would seem to be the logfile entries
rather than the installation of the package, I think.

I'm happy to have packages installed on my machine which are (currently) non-
functional due to the required hardware not being plugged in, but I wouldn't
want them constantly complaining about it.

Antony.

--
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me,
because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know.

- Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defence

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.