:: Re: [DNG] Again, again: DMARC is a…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Again, again: DMARC is a no-win problem for mailing lists : solved by workaround
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> The preceding description describes what I see on my end. However, when
> I click "Return to sender", Claws-Mail takes me literally and sends
> to the munged To, which is now the mailing list. Claws does not
> consult the "Reply to" when I click "Return to sender." This is my
> problem.

Your 'problem' results from Reply-To munging being (IMO) evil and
(not just in my opinion) violating RFC 5322 section 3.6.2.

If you merely mean that this situation sucks, then we agree, and you can
(please) ignore the remainder of my present post. ;->

If _not_, and you are still complaining and thinking complaining will
magically produce some better results:

The least-bad mitigation GNU Mailman so far offers uses such munging on
mail from domains with strong-asserted DMARC policies because there is,
so far, no less-destructive way to permit mail from those domains to
arrive at domains enforcing that declared policy on arriving mail
without the mail being rejected or quarantined as forgeries.

Do you understand this, yet? I'm getting really, really, really,
_really_ tired of explaining.

I don't like Reply-To munging, either, not even if it's used only on
some postings and not others. It has bad effects. People getting high
bounce scores on mailing lists, getting their delivery disabled, and
getting unsubscribed for reasons they don't understand and that then
causes them to complain in ignorance to listadmins, is also bad.

Pick one.

The Devuan administrators have, for the time being, elected the former
rather than the latter. That brings us up to the present -- and your
continually complaining doesn't accomplish anything at all.