著者: spiralofhope
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] :-) Don't get into a pissing contest with Rick Moen
On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 15:27:00 +1100
Andrew McGlashan via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> If you make a valid point and it
> gets argued, then argue until it stops or your argument (or theirs) is
> falling on death ears ... or you just give up, then move on.
> Although I don't expect to win pissing contests (especially with
> Rick), I tend to decide that the other opinion /may/ be true or not
> and simply beg to differ when there is clear relevance on both sides
> of the argument, ending any potential and wasteful continued posts
> about the matter.

It's also worth nothing that third party lurkers to a conversation may
be highly interested in learning from an exchange (if it can be
continued with moderate value) when they wouldn't want to enter into it
to, say, directly ask something.

For example, a pissing contest resulting from a troll "hey guys what's
the deal with systemd lol" might yield a lot to others.