:: [DNG] With popcorn, sender address …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Haines Brown
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] With popcorn, sender address not recognized
Every once in a while I get this message:

> Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 14:31:09 -0500
> From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@???>
> To: root@???
> Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
>
> [-- Attachment #1 --]
> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 0.5K --]

> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
> failed:
>
>  survey@???
>    host mail.guardedhost.com [2607:fe90:1:1::1e]
>     SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined MAIL
> +FROM:<root@???> SIZE=27816 AUTH=root@???:
>     553 5.7.1 <root@???>: Sender address rejected:
>    not owned by user brownh@???

> [-- Attachment #2 --]
> [-- Type: message/delivery-status, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 0.3K --]
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns; engels.histomat.net
>
> Action: failed
> Final-Recipient: rfc822;survey@???
> Remote-MTA: dns; mail.guardedhost.com
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.7.1 <root@???>: Sender address
> rejected:
> +not owned by user brownh@???
>
> [-- Attachment #3 --]
> [-- Type: message/rfc822, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 25K --]
>
> Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 14:31:08 -0500
> From: root <root@???>
> To: survey@???
> Subject: popularity-contest submission
>
> -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

Although this is an email address issue, it only happens with popcorn,
and so I suspect the popcorn appolication is doing something wrong. I
don't have problems with emails to others.

I'm running Beowulf and using mutt as mailer. The mail.guardedhost.com
is my mail server.

It seems popcorn is sending its message from root@???, but
this address not owned by user. The diagnostic code saeems to say that
the dng@??? recipient does not recognize root@???.

Haines Brown