著者: hal
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] disable elogind messages?

On 11/23/19 2:17 AM, Erik Christiansen wrote:
<snip>

> But there's no earthly need for cron, if you run fetchmail as a daemon.
> Mine polls the hosts nominated in ~/.fetchmailrc each 600 seconds,
> delivering to port 25. Postfix then invokes procmail for message
> delivery sorting. (Probably don't need postfix, but it's a habit of over
> 30 years to have an MTA.)

Well, years ago (more than 10?) I did run fetchmail as a daemon but it
would sometimes hang or just die leaving my dovecot inbox silent for
days before I would know something was wrong. I couldn't figure out
where the issue was so cron was the work-around.

You make a good point however and get me thinking... I should change my
setup to fetchmail as a daemon again (a lot changes with software overa
a couple years) and perhaps monitor the status with SMS.

This still leaves the question however, is there a way to disable the
elogind messages in syslog? It seems like a lot of useless chatter in
the syslogs.

Thanks