:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet No…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Plasma
A: devuan-dev
Asunto: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Nov. 13, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Wednesday, November 13th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Nov. 13, 2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/YYGj5E6VrAbolWEfiVDN3-Jn/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: Centurion Dan, golinux, fsr, rrq, kramer, danyspin97, RickMoen,
         duncan

## Old Business

### LeePen (from Nov. 06)
- AFAIK the buildhost problems presented last week are unaddressed.
  Therefore, I have not been able to build any updates for beowulf. Who
  is able to take a look at them?
  - (gl) jaromil - can you PLEASE attend to this? Build hosts still not
    functioning properly. I think that i386 is the problem one.

## Old Actions
- Send formal announcement of the 2.1 release including to announce list
  - (gl) Draft is here:
    https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/D+ChmluW+TT9QPdOVO9q0rpf/
    Please put comments between the ==========

- Create ~~post~~ forum on D1G where arm images can be posted/discussed
and users encouraged to build their own with SDK.
- plasma41 will host a torrent for arm images

  - (gl) Where to put the ARM forum? This decision is a bit complicated.
    1. Because it is no longer being updated, the "Projects" forum will
       be removed.
    2. This leaves "Documentation" all by itself under the "Learn"
       category which is awkward. Will probably be moved to support and
       "Learn" deleted.
    3. "ARM builds" could go either under "Support":
         Installation
         Desktop and Multimedia
         Hardware & System Configuration
         ARM builds
         Documentation
         Other Issues
    4. Or the "Discuss" category:  <<<<<<<< This one
         Devuan
         Arm builds
         Devuan Derivatives
         DIY
         Intergalactic Communities etc.

  - (fsr) If we put the arm section under Support, we must be sure we
    have someone who can offer support. I vote for putting it in Discuss
  - (gl) But it is Devuan and wouldn't support come on the forum from
    other arm users?  But it could be argued both ways.
  - (rrq) I think Discuss is the better option (agree with fsr). I also
    thought the title could mention debootstrap as well as arm, i.e.
    discussing ways of installing on systems other than from an iso.
  - (gl) Changes completed thanks to rrq.
  - Unrelated comment . . . the pad's auto formatting is really annoying

### onefang
- I'll likely be asleep before the meeting starts, so I wont be
attending.

- The mirror checking stuff is progressing.
  https://sledjhamr.org/apt-panopticon/results/Report-web.html is
  updated hourly, and looking good now. It includes all the checking
  logs now. Don't let the large error numbers scare you, it's basically
  the same error repeated multiple times due to the way the
  testing/logging works.
  - At the bottom of that page is a link to the email version of the
    report. Once I'm happy with things, I'll set up that email to be
    automatically sent weekly to the mirror email list, maybe to the
    devuan-dev one as well if we want.

## New Business

- (rrq) started on building amd64/i386 beowulf isos. Held up by build
framework issues (that block devuan adaptations to buster udeb's).

- (rrq) discuss a change of meeting day/time.
  - (onefang) I'm all for a more Oz friendly meeting time. Having said
    that, moving the 06:30 meetings away from sunrise and closer to
    midnight works as well. Or late arvo, early evening. Aussie/Brisbane
    time I mean.
  - (gl) We went through this years ago. It's early in Oz and late in
    EU. The time window when it's feasable to have both at the same time
    is very small. Any day works for me but the dyne meet used to be on
    Monday so that day is probably out.
  - (rrq) maybe current day/time suits most best still; worth checking.

    - (gl) Thursday 20:30 UTC sounds like a good alternative.
      Any objections?  Now waiting for response from LeePen.
    - (leepen) Sorry I couldn't attend. I don't have a regular
      commitment and am usually free then.
    - (gl) Great! Meet will be moved to Nov. 21 @20:30 UTC next week. If
      it works well, we'll continue having the weekly meet at that time.

## New Actions
- what about Toaster for building arm images. Is it online? - danyspin97
- Rearrange forum - move Projects to Admin and Documentation to Support
and remove the Learn category. Then set up an Arm Build forum in the
Support section. - rrq
[DONE thanks to rrq]
- Final proof of the 2.1 Ascii point release announcement
(pad link on line 30)