:: Re: [devuan-dev] Introducing apt-pa…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Irrwahn
A: devuan-dev
CC: onefang
Assumpte: Re: [devuan-dev] Introducing apt-panopticon, my Devuan mirror checker script.
onefang wrote on 06.11.19 15:10:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 14:45:37 +0100 Irrwahn said :

[...]
>> I found and got rid of a small quirk in our server configuration
>> that, with a hefty pat of imagination, _might_ have been a reason for
>> SNI to not work correctly in every single imaginable permutation of
>> request parameters. We will see in your future reports, if something
>> has changed.
>
> Success! B-)

Now *this* is fscking weird. o.O
As to why see my second reply to your previous post.

> https://sledjhamr.org/apt-panopticon/results/Report-email.txt
>
> devuan.packet-gain.de....
>       http: [OK] https: [OK] DNS-RR: [skip] Updated: [skip] Integrity:
> [skip]

> I have attached your logs.
>
> mirror.stinpriza.org is still having this same issue, could you give
> us some details of this "small quirk in our server configuration", it
> might help them to sort this out if they have a similar reason for
> their issue.

I found that we still had an unused dummy default SSL vhost configuration
active, which had a setting of "<VirtualHost _default_:443>" instead of the
recommended (for SNI) "<VirtualHost *:443>". I simply disabled the bogus
config, since, as I said, it was never used anyways.

> Thanks for looking into this.

You're welcome. I'm still puzzled though how this actually resolved the
issue.

Best regards,

Urban

--