:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Oc…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Plasma
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Oct. 16, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Wednesday, October 16th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Oct. 16, 2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/iy82YQaEE2ZPIUpMOjjJFd5l/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, plasma41, alv, rrq, kramer, danielinux, fsr,
         CenturionDan, danyspin97

## Old Business
- point release update
- build hosts - Alvise will be attending!
upgrade to kernel 4.19+105+deb10u1 (beowulf)

## Old Actions

## New Business

### danielinux
- need to sync up with the Amsterdam team to coordinate ARM builds
- people on #devuan-arm offered time+hw to build and test
- check with Jaromil about virtual images
- RISCV64 build machine up and running @dyne

### fsmithred
- Suggest we keep old (2.0) ascii isos and images for a short time in an
  "old" directory. This could either be one old dir under devuan ascii
  with all files in one dir or the entire tree under old.
  - (plasma41) I would recommend we move everything that is currently in
    https://files.devuan.org/devuan_ascii/ into a subdirectory named 2.0
    and create a parallel directory called 2.1 where we put all the new
    isos/images. For the sake of stable linking, we could add a third
    directory at the same level called latest that could just be a link
    to the latest point release.

### kramer
- get familiar with (auto)testing infrastructure
- may need some care ;-)

## New Actions

- (rrq) check up DNS for country codes

- (rrq) drop openvpn from beowulf

- (rrq) and (fsr) Make install isos available to community when they are
available. Major release announcement when arm and virtual images are
prepared (hopefully soon).

- (danielinux) will coordinate preparation of arm and virtual images
with jaromil

- (alv) Will upgrade build hosts
- (alv) Add more ram and/or swap to ARM64 buildhost.