:: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Steve Litt
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] I wrote IBM
On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 20:54:09 +0200
Evilham via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On dg., set. 29 2019, golinux@??? wrote:
>
> > On 2019-09-28 21:32, Steve Litt wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I just wrote IBM asking them to reconsider systemd, given that
> >> IBM's
> >> business model is different from the old Red Hat's.

[big snip]

> +1. That's shy of stalking,

"Just shy of stalking" is hyperbole way over the top. It's also
pretty insulting.

Both people I wrote are public figures, both are high officers in a
corporation, and neither is my current or ex lover, in reality or in my
mind. I'm writing them about business, not about some relationship I
think I have with them. I neither contacted them outside of their
business, nor followed or snooped on them outside their business.

There's a long and rich tradition of people writing the CEO or other
high officers. The usual result is that somebody is assigned to examine
the merits of the letter writer.

So if you think what I'm doing is counterproductive, fine, say so
(which you did in the next sentence) and don't write a letter. But
don't insult me or other letter writers by putting my action *anywhere*
on the stalking scale.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence