:: Re: [DNG] removed encrypted file sy…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] removed encrypted file system? was date of publication of beowulf
On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 01:33:22PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 12:00:35 -0400
> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>

> > Debian actually removed one of the encrypted file systems because it
> > turns out to be incompatible with systemd.
>
> Are you absolutely positive this is true? I was unable to find such a
> thing with a 10 minute web search. Could you please tell us the name of
> the encrypted filesystem and a URL describing the removal?

Debian Bug report logs - #765854
ecryptfs-utils: Private directory not automatically unmounted anymore on logout

It seems there's poor interaction between ecryptfs-utils and user logout.
Specifically, that the encrypted volume remains mounted.
There's a long discussion how to tweak it and systemd to make it work,
and it looks like they eventually just gave up.

Maybe someone else can understand th problem in more detail than I can.

The remocal is mentioned in section 5.1.9. Noteworthy obsolete packages,
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#noteworthy-obsolete-packages

-- hendrik