:: [DNG] In the words of Rodney King..…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: [DNG] In the words of Rodney King...
In the words of Rodney King
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King) :

Can't we all get along?

Can't we all put away our pea shooters, stop accusing each other, stop
threatening to quit, stop quitting, come back and work on a huge pillar
of the world's ability to use GNU/Linux without systemd?

Is there anyone who doesn't remember the heartache of late 2014, when
Debian went systemd, it appeared Redhat owned the world, and we might
have no choice? When the Veteran Unix Administrators' threat to fork
Debian sounded like bluff and bravado?

Show of hands, who wants to go back to that world, where you were
praying systemd didn't invade BSD (There are many Benno Rices in the
world), and actually contemplating Mac if systemd really ran the board?
What, no hands? I didn't think so: Those were awful times.

Don't let your actions bring back those times.

Every accusation, every threat to quit the project, every actual quit
from the project, everyone who *simply must* translate their hurt
feelings into anti-Devuan rhetoric, consider that your post just might
be the straw that brakes the camel's back. How would you feel if your
actions threw us over the edge into a no-Devuan world? In a world that
much closer to systemd hegemony? Might your conscience hurt? Might your
reputation be tarnished?

A dangerous joke in poor taste was apologized for. Rules are now in
place so it will never happen again. Show's over. Can we please stop
discussing it?

For the good of everyone who wants to control their own computer, can I
please make this one little request:

Can't we all get along?

SteveT