:: [DNG] init script distribution for …
Top Pagina
Auteur: viverna
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] init script distribution for alternate init systems
I'm thinking of a possibility to distribute init script for alternate init
system.

Generally speaking if I install a daemon, for example Apache server, I want
script/config file for all init system installed and accordingly I want
script/config file deleted for all init system if I remove a daemon.

I'm going to wrote a simple script executed from dpkg.

To do this simply put a file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ that run the script.

DPkg::Pre-Invoke { "/usr/local/bin/my_script preinvoke"; };
DPkg::Post-Invoke { "/usr/local/bin/my_script postinvoke"; };

Ideally if we have a script/config file for all daemon for all init systems (for
example epoch, runit, s6, shepherd ad so on...), a script will check which init
system are installed and install/remove script/config file.

What do you think?

--
viverna