:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: April's fools mess
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Simon Walter
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Fwd: April's fools mess
On 4/2/19 6:14 PM, hal wrote:

> On 4/1/19 1:30 PM, KatolaZ wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> There was no attack. There was no security incident. It was an April
>> fool. We have clarified that several times. I have apologised for
>> that. I am very sorry for the distress caused :\
>
> I think it's noteworthy when a person steps up and owns a mistake.
> Especially on an internet forum. FWIW, this isn't the first time a lapse
> in judgement on 4/1 ended badly.
>
> KatolaZ has put a lot of effort into making Devan awesome and offering
> help on the many (oftentimes poorly asked) questions that arise on this
> list.
>
> Let's move on.

It would have been kind of easier to forgive it and move on if he didn't
outright lie. KatolaZ, I think that is how April Fool's joke usually go.
You need to say "April Fool's" when someone finds out, otherwise it is
just cruelty - not a joke. Someone mentioned harmless. It would have
been harmless if the site said Devuan officially decided to moved to
gopher. That would have been decent and legit joke. Just my 2 cents -
not meaning to beat a dead horse.