:: Re: [DNG] Debian dev takes a break …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Debian dev takes a break from packaging systemd
Le 23/01/2019 à 21:22, chillfan--- via Dng a écrit :
> "You seem to suggest that we should never change any user visible detail. I think this user rule was in error, and it worked for a while by luck, and now it doesn't. This happens all the time."

    I don't know why the relationship between a Debian maintainer and
the upstream developper group has gone so bad, but the reason cannot be
just a re-interpretation of the Udev API.

    Keeping backward compatibility forever has always been what
characterizes best Win$. In Linux, the kernel's userspace interface is
very stable, but not totally. New features are added and old ones change
slowly, the libc hiding some changes.

    Udev is a relatively young (a dozen years) subsystem which has
replaced a few failed attempts to implement hotplugging. It is an
important part of the OS, but I find normal that it evolves and the
interpretation of the rules has to be clarified.

    So, yes, "this happens all the time" and most users don't see it
because it is managed by distros.

            Didier