:: [DNG] [OT] Attention deficit and co…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Oude Onderwerpen: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the install guides
Onderwerp: [DNG] [OT] Attention deficit and consciousness
On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 02:50:27PM +0300, Andres Suarez wrote:
> В Ср, 02/01/2019 в 00:48 -0600, golinux@??? пишет:

> > > What 'consciousness' you are talking about?!
> > >

> > I am talking about the consciousness/awareness that receives data in the
> > form of eye:sights, ear:sounds, nose:smells, tongue:tastes,
> > body:physical sensations and mind:thoughts. It is the mere reception of
> > these stimuli that turns our inner world and outer world so it's to our
> > advantage to get to know the interaction between stimulation and
> > response intimately.
> >
> > Without great awareness in the present moment, we are carried along by
> > emotional reactions to events instead of actually knowing and
> > understanding them. More often than not, that impulsive reactiveness
> > brings us much misery and pain. But if that same consciousness is
> > harnessed to focus on this never-ending stream of events moment to
> > moment, it begins to understand them in a very different way and changes
> > the mind at a fundamental level.
> >
> > The ability to touch that understanding has declined over the last 2500+
> > years and there will come a time when that knowledge will be forgotten.
> > But it will be rediscovered sometime in the very distant future because
> > it it cyclical as all things are.
> >
> > golinux
> >
> Beg pardon for the interruption: but actually that ability has increased in
> the last millennia. What hominids had 2500+ years ago was a primitive sense
> of reality, which gave rise to all that mysticism which prevails so far.
> Consciousness, defined as advanced awareness, was the last part to develop.
>
> That function allows you to build "Devuan Linux" instead of mixing with
> the sheep.

At this point, the discussion has gone off-topic. I think it's still
worthwhile, but it should at least start a new thread with a new
subject. I've given it a new subject, but am placing it in this thread
anyway so people will see it here and look for or start the new thread
instead of going on here.

-- hendrik