:: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the install guides
On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 19:08:17 -0600
golinux@??? wrote:

> On 2019-01-01 15:40, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 13:51:58 -0600, golinux@??? wrote in
> > message <80c73e7cb3edf956e191a56acaeb4f13@???>:
> >
> >> This useful information is beyond the scope of these INSTALL
> >> guides. But there are already pages on the website that cover much
> >> of it. Does it really need to be repeated?
> >> https://devuan.org/os/releases
> >> https://devuan.org/os/filenaming
> >
> > ..I'd say yes, we _are_ dealing with humans, the very source of
> > human errors, some errors happen because humans have gold fish type
> > attention spans that make them forget what they read in 2 minutes
> > ago, often because they watch waaay too much TV. ;o)
> >

> Sadly, this is the world we live in.

I agree that many have short attention spans (I'm one), but
the judgmentalism and assumption of TV as a reason in the
OP's post aren't helpful.

1. I grew up in a pre-ritalin society, and can tell you that a full 1/2
of the males in my classrooms had problems with attention span. We
found workarounds including outlines, lists, and being picky about
what books we read. If the author couldn't express himself
succinctly, it wasn't our job to parse out his gobblety gook.

2. There was a time in human evolution when a short attention span was
    a survival trait. Nobody wants to put 100% of their attention
    on creating just the right arrowhead, and not notice the hungry
    tiger stalking 100 yards away. The degree of attentiveness we now
    demand in our workplaces has been a positive trait for only a
    couple centuries, and genetics hasn't caught up. So blame is
    counterproductive.

SteveT