:: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Olaf Meeuwissen
A: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
Hi Steve,

Steve Litt writes:

> On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 02:38:42 -0800
> Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Olaf Meeuwissen (paddy-hack@???):
>>
>> > On any Unix-like system I've come across the '/' (and '\0') are
>> > about the only character that cannot be used in a filename.
>>
>> That and null are the only disallowed characters. It's in the Single
>> Unix Specification.
>> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/V1_chap03.html#tag_03_170
>
> Regardless of any spec, I wouldn't be caught using anything in a
> filename except letters, numbers, dots and underscores.

Everywhere around me あいうえお and 一二三 are perfectly fine letters
and numbers ;-P

And there are at least three encodings to store them disk (in file names
or otherwise). Fortunately, EUC-JP has pretty much gone the way of the
dinosaur but Shift_JIS (MS-932, really) is still a sad fact of everyday
life.

> Once in a while I'll let somebody else's dash go through. Some day I
> should write a filename cleaner to get rid of all that junk windows
> people just love putting in their filenames.

Hope this enlightens,