:: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Litt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 02:38:42 -0800
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting Olaf Meeuwissen (paddy-hack@???):
>
> > On any Unix-like system I've come across the '/' (and '\0') are
> > about the only character that cannot be used in a filename.

> That and null are the only disallowed characters. It's in the Single
> Unix Specification.
> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/V1_chap03.html#tag_03_170

Regardless of any spec, I wouldn't be caught using anything in a
filename except letters, numbers, dots and underscores. Once in a while
I'll let somebody else's dash go through. Some day I should write a
filename cleaner to get rid of all that junk windows people just love
putting in their filenames.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2018 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21