:: Re: [DNG] Installing without reboot…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Didier Kryn
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Installing without rebooting
Le 20/12/2018 à 23:50, Steve Litt a écrit :
> Didier Kryn<kryn@???> wrote:
>

>>     What's the purpose of kexec ? I see one main: using a Linux
>> session as the bootloader, a bootloader more heavily customizable
>> than Grub. Additionally it saves a few seconds. Are there any other ?
>>
>>         Didier
> Wow. Are you saying I can get rid of Grub?

    No, sorry, it's still necessary to boot the first one. You use grub
(or syslinux, why not ?) to boot the first kernel; then from this one
you kexec a second one. This is only if you want a lot of flexibility
and variety in the choice of the second one. The first Linux OS can run
a custom application to select the second one and pass it the custom
command-line arguments. There should be a serious need to do this kind
of hack (~: