:: Re: [DNG] yet another case of silly…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rowland Penny
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] yet another case of silly Lennartism :p [Fwd: Our build system may be broken: /bin vs /usr/bin]
On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 18:05:44 +0100
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???> wrote:

> On 21/11/18 at 17:57, Rowland Penny wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 17:43:12 +0100
> > Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???> wrote:

> >>   Of course it is.  If you have a file with a shebang like this:
> >>

> >> #!/bin/sed
> >>
> >> , which is the norm, see:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/uuner/sedtris/blob/master/sedtris.sed
> >>
> >> , then you'd be in trouble if sed moved in /usr/bin.
> > Well it would if you were trying to run sed directly,
>

>   Which side of "sed script with a shebang" do you fail to grasp?

And which part of 'that isn't the problem' do you fail to grasp ?

From the debian bug report:

The problem appears to be on line 122 of /usr/lib/R/bin/R and /usr/bin/R, where
between r-base-core 3.5.1-1+b1 and 3.5.1-1+b2,

SED=/bin/sed

changed to

SED=/usr/bin/sed

The script sets the path to sed with a hard coded path instead of
finding out where sed actually is.

Either don't set the variable and use $PATH to find it, or use
something to find sed, then use this to set the variable.

Rowland